The reason for this blog is so I can put my words into action. I have been fairly zealous recently on the power of positivity, of its benefits an the power it holds. How, in short, it can make you capable of so much more than you think you are.
I know for certain people, or at certain times, hearing or even reading those words can be hard. I am one of those people this morning. A combination of bad sleep and a reaction to my medication has left me 'under the weather'. And speaking of the weather - it's a grey and wet day. Not likely to improve my outlook.
So it would be all too easy to crawl under my rock and feel sorry for myself but here is what I am going to do instead...
1) I'm going to force myself to tidy up (as I have already forced myself to make the bed).
2) There's a couple of cups that need washing from last night - they'll get cleaned.
3) I will shower and then get dressed in clothes I like.
4) I will talk to my girlfriend on the phone, knowing I will get to see her tomorrow.
5) I will force myself to act in a positive way until I am no longer forcing myself, until I am feeling that way naturally.
6) I will write something!
And that is my big secret. I fake being positive sometimes, then it comes along by itself. Don't allow anything to grind you down or you will stay on the bottom and if you're stuck as low as you can go - pretend you have found the ladder up until you do,